My pranams to my gurus !

On this auspicious day of Guru Pournima, I would like to thank all my teachers/gurus who made me  a professional. My pranams to all. I tried to recollect my teachers and gurus from my school days.

My first and foremost pranams (obeisance) to my parents. Every father is a hero. For me, he is a hero, a man of words, knowledge and wisdom. He is my first and foremost guru to me. He passed away recently. My teachers/gurus - without any order - please accept my namaskarams and pranams:
  1. Kanchi Paramachariyar
  2. Bhagavan Ramana Maharishi
  3. Seshadri Swamigal
  4. Smt. Joseph, [School]
  5. Smt.Radha, [School]
  6. Smt.Chitra [School]
  7. Smt. Jubilee [School]
  8. Shri. [Late] D.Subramaniam, Unlce [School] - my Maths guru
  9. Shri. B,Radhakrishnan [School]
  10. Shri. Parthasarathy Iyengar (Headmaster) [School]
  11. Shri. Rajagopalan [School]
  12. Shri. Aravazhi (Tamizh) [School]
  13. Shri. Marudur S. Rengarajan (Tamizh) [School] 
  14. Shri. TK Govindarajan [School]
  15. Shri. [Late] KT Govindarajan (Economics & Headmaster) [School]
  16. Shri. S Kannan (maths) [School]
  17. Shri. Basheer (maths), [School]
  18. Shri. Rajamani (maths), [School]
  19. Shri. G.Baskar (maths) [School] 
  20. Shri. KN Desikachari (Maths)  [School]
  21. Shri. M.Hariharan [School]
  22. Shri. Sattanathan [School]
  23. Shri. K.Thiagarajan (Tamizh) [School]
  24. Shri. K Dharmaraj (Accounts) [School] 
  25. Shri. S Ramakrishnan (SRK, Economics) [School] 
  26. Shri. P.Vijaya Chandran (PVC, Science) [School]
  27. Shri. Madhavan (Commerce) [School]
  28. Shri. V.P.Krishnamurthy [School]
  29. Shri. Krishnamurthy (History & Geography) [School]
  30. Shri. Mani (Crafts) [School]
  31. Shri. A Vishwanatha Sharma (Sanskrit) [School]
  32. Shri. M.P.Shanmugam [School]
  33. Shri, Karmegam (Sports - Track and Field) [School]
  34. Shri. Radhakrishnan (Sports & NCC-Air wing), [School]
  35. Shri. Selvaraj (Sports - Track and Field) [School]
  36. Shri. Nammalvar (NCC-Army). [School]
  37. Shri. Janakiraman (Navy & English) [School]
  38. Shri. Durai Pandian (Accounts), [College]
  39. Shri. Kanakasabesan (Stats) [College]
  40. Shri. Arun (Tamizh), [College] 
  41. Shri, Kayaroganan (Tamizh), [College]
  42. Shri. B. Suresh (English), [College]
  43. Shri. S,K.Ramakrishnan (Income Tax), [College]
  44. Shri. Balagangadharan (Auditing), [College]
  45. Shri. Ramasamy (Business Management & Commercial Law), [College]
  46. Shri. Sudharshan (Accounts), [College]
  47. Shri. S.Jagannathan (Economics) [College] 
  48. Shri. Kalyanaraman (Accounts), [College]
  49. Shri. M.Sakthivelmurugan (Corporate Law), [College] 
  50. Shri. Gopal Muralidhar (Management Accounting).[College]
  51. Shri. Sundaresan, my Costing guru. If I am good in costing today, credit goes to him. [CMA]
  52. Shri. Sankaranarayanan (Management) [CMA]
  53. Shri. Sethuraman, who created the engineer in me [CMA]
  54. Shri. Sundaram (Costing). [CMA]
  55. Shri. Ramanathan (My principal during Auditing course) [CA]
  56. Shri. S Nagarajan (Accounts), [CA]
  57. Shri. Ranga Rao (Accounts), [CA]
  58. Shri. Murali (Auditing and Company Law..inspiring me to quote relevant sections, when you say something on Company Law) [CA]
  59. Shri. Thangapandian (Electricity accounting) [CA]
  60. Shri. Sivakumar (Standard Costing), [CA]
  61. Shri. LS Sivakumar  (Maths & Stats), [CA]
  62. Shri. Venkatasivakumar (Costing). [CA]
  63. Shri. T.N.Manohar (Tax) [CA]
  64. Shri. PR Vittak (Naths) [CA]
  65. Shri. Bhupathi (Tax) [CA]
  66. Shri. T.G.Suresh (Income Tax), whom I never knew that he is a professor in my college. [CA]
  67. Shri. Ramesh Kumar (Marketing), [IIM, B]
  68. Shri. Amit Gupta (Organizational behavior) [IIM, B]
  69. Shri. Shyamal Roy - my favorite economics guru [IIM, B]
  70. Shri. Ganesh Prabhu, [IIM, B]
  71. Shri. NM.Agarwal [IIM, B]
  72. Smt. Padmini Srinivasan, [IIM, B]
  73. Shri. Ashok Thampy [IIM, B]
  74. Smt. Anjana Vivek, [IIM, B]
  75. Shri. YLR Murthy (Marketing) [IIM, B]
  76. Shri, Krishna Sundar - he taught the supply chain management by a beer game. A tough person in class - cool outside. [IIM, B] 
  77. Shri. S. Krishnamoorthy - a CA with lot of wits & humor in his teaching[IIM, B]
  78. Shri. M.S.Narasimhan (MSN- like Microsoft Network - he builds a good network among participants). Always willing to help with a smile - even when he says NO. [IIM, B]
  79. Shri. Mahadevan [Management & Spirituality]
  80. Shri. K.Gopalakrishnan (KGK) - my Guru in Stock Market, Financial Services [Office]
  81. Shri. G.Balasubramanian - learnt a lot of good habit and English too.[Office] 
  82. Shri. M.S.Rangesh (MSR) - my Guru in managing/handling people. Great mentor [Office]
  83. Shri. W.R.Vasudevan (WRV) - who taught me project management. [Office]
  84. Shri. R.Srinivasan (RS) - who taught me corporate finance [Office]
  85. Shri. G.Thirugnanasambandam (GTS) - who educated me on agriculture and plants [Office]
  86. Shri. J.Subramani (JS) - who taught me the plant bio-tech intricacies [Office]
  87. Shri. T.Nataraajan (TN) - A great mentor in Finance and management - who gave me a free hand to manage Finance, Tax, Accounting, MIS. [Office]
  88. Shri. S.Raghunandan (Raghu) - I cannot forget his training on presentation skill. [Office]
  89. Shri. Peter Sands - the way he analyse performance of a large organization [Office]
  90. Shri. Hemant Kulkarni - learnt how to manage a Shared Services Center [Office]
  91. Shri. Nipun Bhatia - learnt BCP and leadership skills [Office]
  92. Shri. S.Raghavan - learnt a lot about LPG and LNG [Office]
  93. Shri. Romi Malhotra - learnt how to be down to earth [Office]
  94. Shri. Krishna Kumar - my coach and mentor
  95. Shri. Venkatesh Seshadri - my coach and mentor
  96. Shri. Shankar Thayumanavan - my mentor and good friend
  97. Shri. CVS Krishnakumar - a great friend and taught how to be down to earth
  98. Shri. Vijay Dhawan - an inspiration - with his daily positive messages & speed of trust
  99. Shri. Marshall Goldsmith - my guru who I follow a lot.
  100. Shri. Ken Blanchard - my guru for effective management
I specifically did not mention anyone from my current organization, though there are a lot of them who inspired me and I learnt a lot from them.

To all my friends, from whom I learnt a lot. 

If I missed anyone, it is not intentional. It is due to my aging.

With warm regards.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog. I appreciate your efforts in remembering all your teachers. Very rare gestures nowadays. Salute to you.

Anonymous said...

Nice tribute.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gopal, I am sure all your mentors and Teachers would be proud of you. Remembering all the details even after so many years is amazing, an ideal tribute to all the Gurus..Aman

Unknown on July 06, 2020 said...

Fantastic Tribute to all your guru's.. actually I was wondering the same thought came to my mind and I wrote about my tuition teacher alone...you are such a great mentor and guide to all your friends and colleagues who look for guidance..my pranama to you gopal G... many thanks taken so much of your advice and waiting some good time to see you ..

Anonymous said...

Amazing memory. Shows your humbleness.

Raghavan said...

I always felt that you had a desire to learn and understand your assignment. This gave me a lot of comfort to share my thoughts in a difficult environment that we were placed into in our business. The list of people you have mentioned in this posting shows that you harbor a great sense of gratitude that has made you become what you are today. Keep it up.

Dr.K.G.Hemalatha on September 05, 2022 said...

Gratitude is very important. Reminisce of all Gurus !!Great

Post a Comment

 

Cross currency rates

Indiblogger Rank

My thoughts Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template